Sunday, July 27, 2014

Trust Without Borders




16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate,[a] who will never leave you. 17 He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn’t looking for him and doesn’t recognize him. But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you. -John 14:16-17

When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future. -John 16:13

For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. -Romans 8:14

 So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves.17 The sinful nature wants to do evil, which is just the opposite of what the Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are the opposite of what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other, so you are not free to carry out your good intentions. 18 But when you are directed by the Spirit, you are not under obligation to the law of Moses. -Galatians 5:16-18

Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted there by the devil. -Matthew 4:1





      My family and I just got back from vacationing in Destin, Florida. Which means we were surrounded by beautiful beaches, water, wildlife, and of course the ocean. I had not seen an ocean since I was in the 5th grade. Being 19 years old now, that's kind of a long time. Maybe too long. Anyhow, it was an incredible experience to have with my family. From this trip, God has laid a lot on my heart and I knew that it wasn't meant to be kept to my self. I have had this mindset that I would always be a Texas Girl. I just never thought I'd see my self to want to live anywhere else. The thing is though, we are supposed to give all of our selves to God. ALL of it. Not just the bits and pieces we want. Like our sunday mornings, wednesday nights, a short prayer before bed. Not just during a crisis when we feel as if there's nothing left to do. Not just when our life is going perfect, but through it ALL. Soo I'm sure y'all are wondering why I have the picture and all of the scripture quoted above. Why? Because this song 'Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) by Hillsong United literally describes exactly why we should give our selves to God, and why he will be with us through everything if we just ask him to guide us. "Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders." Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) by Hillsong United quotes in their hit song. I researched the song, and found that there is over 50 scriptures referenced throughout. The line above that I quoted alone, has 5 scriptures that it refers to. Which are the 5 scriptures I listed above. Whoa. Didn't really think about that? Me neither. I knew that this song obviously had to have some scriptural references, but I didn't imagine it being this many.  

   "Wherever you would call me" is another part of the song. "WHEREVER". Not just "Oh Jesus, you can tell me I can go there. But I don't wanna go there." instead, "I will go where you tell me. ANYWHERE." So no, I can't tell myself that I will always be a Texas girl. I have to let God be the author of that. Which means instead of having the mindset of always being a Texan, my mindset should be for God to send me where he wants to send me, and I will go. Here are the 2 scriptures that part of the song refers to.

"The Lord had said to Abram, “Leave your native country, your relatives, and your father’s family, and go to the land that I will show you." -Genesis 12:1

"Each of you should continue to live in whatever situation the Lord has placed you, and remain as you were when God first called you. This is my rule for all the churches." -1 Corinthians 7:17

    This song has more than just that type of meaning to me though. I was near the oceans last week, and saw the beauty of God through it all. Of course, I see God's beauty in Lubbock, Texas as well. Gosh y'all, our sunsets are absolutely breath taking! What I did learn was a cool analogy at the beach. Jesus holds me like a sea shell, and whispers to my heart his love for me. When that analogy crossed my mind, I was just kind of in awe for a a while. I had never thought about it that way. It's completely true though. As children, sea shells are so much fun to find, and listen to and talk through. They're all so unique and beautiful. That's what we are though in a sense. Sea shells. God always has us though, he doesn't just collect us to collect. He made us for us to love him, and him to love us. We are his children. We are his beautiful creations. We are his. 







Also, here is the link to the incredible blog I found that listed all of the scriptures used in the song! So thankful I was finally able to find answers to my questions with that blog. :)
http://fragrantlikeincense.wordpress.com/2013/10/23/songs-scripture-oceans-where-feet-may-fail-joel-houston-matt-crocker-salomon-ligthelm/



     



3 comments:

  1. I found your blog through Pinterest :)
    Thank you! These are good words. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't tell you how much that means. Thanks so much! Our God is an awesome God :)

      Delete